Monday, July 6, 2009

Preconvention 2

So just to catch folks up on this first day . . . . Most of our Pittsburgh deputation had this day as a travel day. Four of us--Steve Stagnitta and I and Gwen and Vicente Santiago--were on a Pittsburgh-Las Vegas-Santa Ana route via U.S. Air and had an enjoyable time visiting in-between flights. We arrived late morning, got settled into our accomodations at the Anaheim Hilton, which is right next to the Convention Center, registered and received our credentials, etc.

I was able to spend a little time in the hotel fitness center, and then Steve Stagnitta, Scott Quinn, and I went out for dinner.

There is a lot of "preconvention" socializing going on through the hotel, even late in the evening, and I gather that the same thing is happening elsewhere. Something like 10,000 people will participate in one way or another in this General Convention.

My notebook is assembled, and I'll be participating in "New Deputy Orientation" beginning at 8 a.m. in the Convention Center.

And to all, a good night . . . .

BruceR

No comments:

Post a Comment